The Chikondra Trilogy

Lest Darkness Prevail

Time and events continually change the focus and fabric of the lives of Chikondra’s Minister Sirinoya and his lifemate, Deputy Minister Sandra Sirinoya. Clinging to their love and one another, they blend the responsibilities of unification and family with growing demands from across the Alliance for their unique combination of skill and experience in statesmanship.

Alliance history careens along a perilous path. With only limited success, Zeteron strategies undermine the stability of worlds within the Dil-Terra Interplanetary Alliance. Impatient, the shadowy enemy assumes new and ominous boldness. As Zeteron tactics transform into open challenge, many Alliance leaders are certain they face the looming threat of war. Despite dangerous risks, devoted diplomats continue the dogged pursuit of peaceful initiatives while keeping wary watch over events posing threats to the worlds they serve.

Does their planetary union possess sufficient will to resist what appears to be an inevitable march toward interplanetary war?An ancient fairy tale comes to life, as bits and pieces of an unsettled present seem oddly consistent with a long-ago legend. Does coincidence play games with the enchanted story? Or, does fable ring bells of tragic warning?

reader reviews

Jan T
Jan T
Read More
Lest Darkness Prevail is the third and final volume of Sandra Valencia’s spectacular epic, The Chikondra Trilogy. Throughout, the author enthralls the reader with amazingly detailed descriptions of interplanetary diplomacy and intrigue, gripping action, beautifully written romance, and very devout spirituality surrounding Senior Field Minister Warnach Sirinoya, his lifemate Sandra, and their newborn son, Morcai. As with the two previous volumes, Guardian Redeemed and Whispers from Prophecy, the characters in Lest Darkness Prevail are so well developed so that the reader can be made to feel they know each one personally. Each scene is written with such brilliantly descriptive detail that it is just as easy for the reader to feel they are witnessing the action first hand. As with all of the books Ms. Valencia has written, I lost myself in the story and lost all track of time, as I read chapter after chapter. -
C.W
C.W
Read More
I’m a man who’s read this series more than once. Lest Darkness Prevail is a stark SCI-FI romance novel that will keep you turning pages. It combines thrills and romance into a novel any that even action story readers will enjoy. 
Diana L.
Diana L.
Read More
The end of Whispers from Prophecy made me excited to get my hands on Lest Darkness Prevail. I read it too fast the first time and ended up crying as much over the ending as I did because I finished the book and the trilogy. I read the book again. Slower the second time. The characters are stronger than ever. The situations they faced bring out so much emotion and provoke so much thought in the reader. This book has haunted me into writing my first book review.
B.Bates
B.Bates
Read More
Sigh! Just finished 'Lest Darkness Prevail'. I slowed down reading yesterday and today because I saw how I was nearing the end, and did NOT want to be done and have to leave these new friends and their world. However, the last couple hours I couldn't read fast enough! Thanks for wonderful books!
From Writer’s Digest:
From Writer’s Digest:
Read More
Beautiful cover! (The author) has a clean and poetic writing style. Descriptions bring to mind strong visual image. (The author) has an excellent ear for dialogues and has done a good job of creating worlds.
Review by K.C. Finn
Readers' Favorite
Read More
Lest Darkness Prevail: Dare to Live the Light is a work of metaphysical science fiction with political and cultural themes and forms the third and final installment of The Chikondra Trilogy, penned by author Sandra Valencia. Things haven’t been easy living the diplomatic nightmare that Sirinoya and Sandra have been through, but the couple has weathered the storm so far thanks to their differing but complementary perspectives. Now with a newborn son in the mix, the quest for peace for the next generation is more important than ever, but the threat of galactic war still lurks in the shadows. Once again, old mysticism and fairy tales may hold the answers. Suitable for mature readers due to its themes and physical content, these metaphysical, romantic and intense novels have always sustained their central tension and pace, thanks to the solid relationship of the Senior Field Minister and his innovative, intelligent lifemate. Sandra feels the most developed of all in this last installment, where spirituality and reality collide very powerfully as the ultimate test rears its head, just when our couple thinks the peace they have cultivated might be sustainable at last. Author Sandra Valencia always works a lot of description, atmosphere, and heart into each of her scenes, and this final novel seems to perfectly balance the cultural and political arts of war, the mystifying ideas of spirituality and the real, grounded love of a strong bond. Overall, Lest Darkness Prevail: Dare to Live the Light brings The Chikondra Trilogy to a superb close, and is highly recommended.
Maincrest Media Review
Maincrest Media Review
Read More
In Sandra Valencia’s, Lest Darkness Prevail, a couple must find the strength to bear the loss of family and friends, and keep their love from fading into oblivion as throes of war threatens to tear them apart. A story of resilience and strong ancient beliefs, the novel is populated with characters whose political interests are as important as the love they have for their family and friends. The saga that takes Sandra on the path of bravery and strength to the shores of battle and war; and her husband, who will do anything to keep his wife and family safe. Both are strong, faithful and resilient, but when Zeteron enemy forces arrive with war vessels and battleships, the entire Chikondra’s faith is tested, and the Child Of Light must take charge to fulfil the legend. Cross-genre elements―including the incorporation of ancient beliefs into a modern lifestyle, spirituality, lost love, and suspense―result in a thrilling adventure where faith prevails.
Previous
Next