Legends From Turand

Return to Turand

Nearly two decades have passed since occupation and war ended in Turand. Through faith and hard work, its people have recaptured vitality and prosperity that once characterized their nation. However, new questions assail them and the leaders who once guided them to victory. Their High Priestess Valkana has mysteriously disappeared and only the Valkana’s presence allows Turand to thrive in spiritual harmony.

Through lapses into the wealth of memories, King Gregor and Lord Victor Garogan seek strength to face a painful present. Neither makes any effort to conceal his love for Alexa, the Valkana, while mourning the loss of the woman each loves more than life itself. At the same time, they search for reasons behind her unexplained, heartbreaking absence.

I was amazed by how real the characters seemed and the way their struggles touched me.

One of the hallmarks of a great story is its ability to offer answers to life’s difficult questions. Return to Turand does just that.

reader reviews

Reader
Reader
Read More
I recommend this book, the Story "takes you away" is good reading, I just received it, and I can't put it down.
LadyHawke
LadyHawke
Read More
RETURN TO TURAND is everything Ms. Thompson describes! I was so in love with these characters, that I have been impatient for this second book to appear. You will find yourself so intrigued by the story, that you will go looking for the first of the series as well. And keep the Kleenex handy - written with such eloquence and clarity,it will seem as though you are watching a movie. Ms. Valencia says the people of Turand still occupy her dreams. Well, Ms. Valencia, I have come to love the people of Turand. Please let the legends continue! Normally I gravitate to non-fiction or historical fiction, but I could not put this book down any more than I could the first one, and I will reread it also!
Janice
Janice
Read More
"Return to Turand" is the sequel to "Song of Turand", and is every bit as brilliantly and beautifully written. This is a story of loss, mystery, treachery, faith, courage, compassion, and above all, great love in all its forms. With her tremendous, thoroughly descriptive, story-telling ability, Ms Valencia develops her characters fully, and leaves the reader feeling that they have known Gregor, Alexa, Victor, and others, for years. She draws the reader into the story on every page, and in a way makes it easy to lose sight of the fact that the story is fiction. This is a must read! I cannot recommend this book strongly enough. One person found this helpful
Kathy D. Fischer
Kathy D. Fischer
Read More
One of the hallmarks of a great story is its ability to offer answers to life's difficult questions. Return to Turand does just that. There are passages in this book that offer much needed advice and strength in light of current events. I can't help but think that "the powers that be" and the rest of the planet would benefit from the wisdom in these pages. To paraphrase Lord Victor Garagon : "Let's us not become that which we hate most." Ms. Valencia has been able to once again tell what on the surface appears to be a tale of two lovers while challenging the reader to examine their own lives and beliefs. I highly recommend this second installment in the captivating Legends From Turand saga. One person found this helpful
Songbird
Songbird
Read More
I waited a long time for Return to Turand. When I got the book, I was afraid I would be disappointed. By the time I finished a few pages, I was hooked all over again. When I finished, I couldn't believe I already reached its end. Days passed by and I couldn't help thinking about the book. There were ideas and concepts that haunted me. So. I read it again. Ms. Valencia has created characters so real that I can close my eyes and see them. Their triumphs and challenges take my breath away, What I also see is a sort of wisdom I never expected from a book like this. She says she dreamed the story of Turand. I hope her dreams keep coming. I need to know more.
Previous
Next
P. PlevierThe Netherlands
P. PlevierThe
Read More
When I read Song of Turand, I was amazed by how real the characters seemed and the way their struggles touched me. Now, Return to Turand takes me back to their lives. I see the way time has developed them. The author describes them with vigor and passion. She also weaves special wisdom into the events of their lives. The reader has to think twice and even the third time before realizing how profound concepts slip into the story. I don’t usually find sequels as exciting as the original. This time is different. People should read the Legends from Turand series. There is everything…excitement, romance, plus food for the mind and spirit. I hope more will be coming. A Reader Today I finished Return to Turand. About reading, you must know that I hardly read a book after high school. I had a lot of study-books and also very much documentary and new about accounting and taxes. Therefore, it is special that I read your books. Because I never read, I become impatient soon. You wrote the book Return to Turand as beautifully as Song of Turand. The first part was about what happened and to understand what was coming in the following parts. But in the book, telling of the story of the Sifiq country, of Alexa, I began to rush and read. I wanted to know what was happening next. Return to Turand was a very good book, too. I expected during reading in the last part, if there should be a next book to find the “Ring of Turand” in Sifiq country, but there became new rings on a pillow. There is an open end with Victor and the Sifiq woman Oui-lest. Perhaps that is an open end and can be filled with my own imagination. You write in a short, describing way that is not boring and gives a good idea of the situation without it becoming slow and without disturbing the story that runs further.
Readers' Favorite
Reviewed by Stephanie Chapman for Readers' Favorite
Read More
Return to Turand is Sandra Valencia’s second book in the Turand series. The book is divided into several parts. Part One, Echo Sonata, describes Alexa’s disappearance and how it affects King Gregor, her children, and Lord Victor. When Victor arrives in Toraval with the bodies of Alexa’s personal guards and a broken necklace, Gregor assumes she is dead. In the next part, Alexa’s Lament, King Bin-lot of the Sifiq has captured Alexa and the four priestesses who accompanied her. The women prevail against the brutal conditions by staying faithful to Val. The final part, Tempest, shows Victor keeping his word to Alexa’s daughter, Anlia. Victor finds Alexa on the shore of Turand, barely alive. Standing vigil beside Alexa, Victor hopes she won’t die from an infection. Sandra Valencia has written a story of love, hope, and forgiveness. Victor's and Anlia’s refusal to believe Alexa has died proves a determination that I find admirable. The transition from present to past is effectively portrayed in memories that do not interfere with the characters' current events. Gregor, Alexa, Victor, Anlia, Nikolai, and many others are all given vivid emotional inner thoughts. The colorful descriptions of the settings in Turand are easy to envision, while a perfect balance of suspense is portrayed throughout. The division of the book made it easy to focus on what Alexa was enduring at the same time as what was occurring in Turand. The Sifiq men are the perfect example of villains who seem slow to understand the consequences of their actions. I recommend it to readers who enjoy inspiring stories about perseverance despite impossible circumstances.
Previous
Next